TOP I.C. Engines - Mechanical Engineering Multiple choice Questions and Answers pdf

11.    If the intake air temperature of I.C. engine increases, its efficiency will
(a)     increase 
(b)     decrease
(c)     remain same 
(d)     unpredictable
(e)     depend on other factors.
Ans: b

12.    All heat engines utilize
(a)    low heat value of oil
(b)    high heat value of oil
(c)    net claorific value of oil
(d)    calorific value of fuel
(e)    all of the above.
Ans: a

13.    An engine indicator is used to determine the following
(a) speed 
(b) temperature
(c) volume of cylinder
(d) m.e.p. and I.H.P.
(e) BHP.
Ans: d

14.    Fuel oil consumption guarantees for I .C. engine are usually based on
(a)    low heat value of oil
(b)    high heat value of oil
(c)    net calorific value of oil
(d)    calorific value of fuel
(e)    all of the above.
Ans: b

17.    If the compression ratio of an engine working on Otto cycle is increased from 5 to 7, the %age increase in efficiency will be
(a) 2% 
(b) 4%
(c) 8% 
(d) 14%
(e) 27%.
Ans: d

18.    In case of gas turbines, the gaseous fuel consumption guarantees are based on
(a)    high heat value
(b)    low heat value
(c)    net calorific value
(d)    middle heat value
(e)    calorific value.
Ans: b

19.    In a typical medium speed 4-stroke cycle diesel engine the inlet valve
(a)    opens at 20° before top dead center and closes at 35° after the bottom dead center
(b)     opens at top dead center and closes at bottom dead center
(c)    opens at 10° after top dead center and closes 20° before the bottom dead center
(d)    may open or close anywhere
(e)    remains open for 200°.
Ans: a

20.    The pressure and temperature at the end of compression stroke in a petrol engine are of the order of
(a)     4 - 6 kg/cm2 and 200 - 250°C
(b)    6 - 12 kg/cm2 and 250 - 350°C
(c)    12 - 20 kg/cm2 and 350 - 450°C
(d)    20 - 30 kg/cm2 and 450 - 500°C
(e)     30 - 40 kg/cm2 and 500 - 700°C.
Ans: b

Read More Questions:
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part1
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part2
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part3
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part4
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part5
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part6
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part7
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part8
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part9
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part10
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part11

No comments:

Post a Comment