Latest I.C. Engines Multiple choice Questions and Answers pdf

31.    Compression loss in I.C engines occurs duto
(a)    leaking piston rings
(b)    use of thick head gasket
(c)    clogged air-inlet slots
(d)    increase in clearance volume caused b bearing-bushing wear
(e)    all of the above.
Ans: e

32.    The specific fuel consumption per BH hour for a petrol engine is approximately
(a) 0.15 kg 
(b) 0.2 kg
(c) 0.25 kg 
(d) 0.3kg
(e) 0.35 kg.
Ans: c

33.    The air requirement of a petrol engine during starting compared to theoretical required for complete combustion is
(a)    more
(b)    loss
(c)    same
(d)     may be more or less depending on engine capacity
(e)     unpredictable.
Ans: b

34.    The inlet value of a four stroke cycle I.C engine remains open for nearly
(a) 180° 
(b) 125°
(c) 235° 
(d) 200°
(e) 275°.
Ans: c

35.    Which of the following is not an interna combustion engine
(a)    2-stroke petrol engine
(b)    4-stroke petrol engine
(c)    diesel engine
(d)    gas turbine
(e)    steams turbine.
Ans: e

36. Pick up the false statement
(a)    Thermal efficiency of diesel engine i about 34%
(b)    Theoretically correct mixture of air am petrol is approximately 15 : 1
(c)    High speed compression engines operate on dual combustion cycle
(d)    Diesel engines are compression ignition engines
(e)     S.I. engines are quality-governed engines.
Ans: e

37.    If one cylinder of a diesel engine receives more fuel than the others, then for that cylinder the
(a)    exhaust will be smoky
(b)    piston rings would stick into piston grooves
(c)    exhaust temperature will be high
(d)    engine starts overheating
(e)    scavenging occurs.
Ans: e

38.    The output of a diesel engine can be increased without increasing the engine revolution or size in following way
(a)    feeding more fuel
(b)    increasing flywheel size
(c)    heating incoming air
(d)    scavenging
(e)    supercharging.
Ans: e

39.    It the temperature of intake air in IC engines is lowered, then its efficiency will
(a)    increase
(b)    decrease
(c)    remain same
(d)    increase upto certain limit and then decrease
(e)    decrease upto certain limit and then in-crease.
Ans: a

40.    In a typical medium speed 4-stroke cycle diesel engine
(a)    compression starts at 35° after bottom dead center and ends at top dead center
(b)    compression starts at bottom dead center and ends at top dead center
(c)    compression starts at 10° before bottom dead center and, ends just before top dead center
(d)    may start and end anywhere
(e)     none of the above.
Ans: a

Read More Questions:
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part1
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part2
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part3
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part4
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part5
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part6
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part7
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part8
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part9
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part10
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part11

1 comment:



  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete