I.C. Engines Objective type Questions and Answers pdf

61.    A heat engine utilises the
(a)    calorific value of oil
(b)    low heat value of
(c)    high heat value of oil
(d)    mean heat value of oil
(e)    all of the above.
Ans: c

62.    Gaseous-fuel guarantees are based on
(a)    calorific value of oil
(b)    low heat value of oil
(c)    high heat value of oil
(d)    mean heat value of oil
(e)    all of the above.
Ans: b

63.    Fuel consumption of diesel engines is not guaranteed at one quarter load because at such low loads
(a)    the friction is high
(b)    the friction is unpredictable
(c)    the small difference in cooling water temperature or in internal friction has a disproportionate effect
(d)    the engine is rarely operated
(e)    none of the above.
Ans: c

64.    Polymerisation  is  a  chemical process  in which molecules of a compound become
(a) larger
(b) slowed down
(c) smaller
(d) liquid
(e) gaseous.
Ans: a

65.    The term scavenging is generally associated with
(a)    2-stroke cycle engines
(b)    4-stroke cycle engines
(c)    aeroplane engines
(d)    diesel engines
(e)    high efficiency engines.
Ans: e

66.    In diesel engine, the compression ratio in comparison to expansion ratio is
(a) same
(b) less
(G) more
(d) variable
(e) more/less depending on engine capacity.
Ans: c

67.    The cam shaft of a four stroke I.C. engine running at 1500 rmp will run at
(a)     1500 rpm
(b)     750 rpm
(c)    3000 rpm
(d)    any value independent of engine speed
(e)    none of the above.
Ans: b

68.    Engine pistons 'are usually made of aluminum alloy because it
(a)     is lighter
(b)     wears less
(c)    absorbs shocks
(d)    is stronger
(e)    does not react with fuel and lub oil.
Ans: a

69.    Most high speed compression engines operate on
(a) Otto cycle
(b) Diesel cycle
(c) Dual cycle
(d) Carnot cycle
(e) Two stroke cycle.
Ans: c

70.    The specific fuel consumption of a petrol engine compared to diesel engine of same H.P. is
(a)     same
(b)     more
(c)    less
(d)    less or more depending on operating conditions
(e)    unpredictable.
Ans: b

Read More Questions:
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part1
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part2
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part3
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part4
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part5
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part6
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part7
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part8
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part9
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part10
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part11

No comments:

Post a Comment