Most recently I.C. Engines Multiple choice Questions and Answers pdf

41.    For the same compression ratio
(a)    Otto cycle is more efficient than the Diesel
(b)    Diesel cycle is more efficient'than Otto
(c)    both Otto and Diesel cycles are, equally efficient
(d)    compression ratio has nothing to do with efficiency
(e)    which is more efficient would depend on engine capacity.
Ans: a

42.  The precess of breaking up or a liquid into fine droplets by spraying is called
(a) vaporisation   
(b) carburetion
(c) ionisation 
(d) injection
(e) atomisation.
Ans: e

43. As a result of detonation in an I.C. engine, following parameter attains very high value
(a)    peak pressure
(b)    rate of rise of pressure
(c)    rate of rise of temperature    
(d)    peak temperature
(e)    rate of rise of horse-power.
Ans: b

44. Which of the following statements is cor¬rect?
(a)     All the irreversible engines have same efficiency
(b)     All the reversible engines have same efficiency
(c)    Both Rankine and Caront cycles have same efficiency between same tempera¬ture limits
(d)    All reversible engines working between same temperature limits have same-ef-ficiency
(e)    Between same temperature limits, both petrol and diesel engines have same ef-ficiency.
Ans: d

45. Most high speed compression engines operate on
(a)     Diesel cycle  
(b)     Otto cycle
(c)    Dual combustion cycle
(d)    Special type of air cycle
(e)    Carnot cycle.
Ans: c

48.    The accunmulation of carbon in a cylinder results in increase of
(a)    clearance volume
(b)    volumetric efficiency
(c)    ignition time
(d)    effective compression ratio
(e)    valve travel time.
Ans: d

49.    Which of the following medium is compressed in a Diesel engine cylinder
(a) air aione 
(b) air and fuel
(c) air and lub oil
(d) fuel alone
(e) air, fuel and lub oil.
Ans: a

Read More Questions:
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part1
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part2
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part3
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part4
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part5
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part6
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part7
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part8
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part9
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part10
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part11

No comments:

Post a Comment