Real time I.C. Engines - Mechanical Engineering Multiple choice Questions and Answers pdf

21.    The pressure at the end of compression in the case of diesel engine is of the order of
(a) 6 kg/cm
(b) 12kg/cmz
(c) 20 kg/cmz     
(d) 27.5 kg/cmz
(e) 35 kg/cm
Ans: e

22.    The maximum temperature in the I.C. engine cylinder is of the order of
(a) 500- 1000°C
(b) 1000- 1500°C
(c) 1500-2000°C
(d) 2000-2500°C
(e) 2500-3000°C
Ans: d

23. The thermal efficiency of a diesel cycle having fixed compression ratio, with increase in cut-off ratio will
(a)    increase
(b)    decrease
(c)    be independent
(d)    may increase or decrease depending on other factors
(e)    none of the above.
Ans: b

24.    Pick up the wrong statement
(a)    2-stroke engine can run in any direction
(b)    In 4-stroke engine, a power stroke is obtained in 4-strokes
(c)    thermal efficiency of 4-strokc engine is more due to positive scavenging
(d)    petrol engines work on to cycle
(e)    petrol engines occupy more space than diesel engines for same power output.
Ans: e

25.    Combustion in compression ignition engines is
(a)    homogeneous
(b)    heterogeneous
(c)    both (a) and (b)
(d)    laminar
(e)    turbulent.
Ans: b

26.    The fuel in diesel engine is normally injected at pressure of
(a) 5-10 kg/cm2  
(b) 20-25 kg/cm2
(c) 60-80 kg/cm2
(d) 90-130 kg/cm2
(e) 150-250 kg/cm2
Ans: d

27.    The specific fuel consumption per BHP hour for diesel engine is approximately
(a) 0.15 kg 
(b) 0.2 kg
(c) 0.25 kg 
(d) 0.3 kg
(e) 0.35 kg.
Ans: b

28.    The temperature of interior surface of cylinder wall in normal operation is not allowed to exceed
(a) 80°C 
(b) 120°C
(c) 180°C 
(d) 240°C
(e) 320°C.
Ans: c

30.    Crankcase explosion in I.C. engines usually occurs as
(a)    first a mild explosion followed by a bi explosion
(b)    first a big explosion followed by a mil explosion
(c)    both mild and big explosions occi simultaneously
(d)    never occurs
(e)    unpredictable.
Ans: a

Read More Questions:
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part1
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part2
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part3
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part4
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part5
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part6
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part7
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part8
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part9
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part10
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part11

No comments:

Post a Comment