Hiried I.C. Engines Multiple choice Questions and Answers pdf

54.    The air-fuel ratio of the petrol engine is controlled by
(a) fuel pump     
(b) governor
(c) injector 
(d) carburettor
(e) scavenging.
Ans: d

55.    In a typical medium speed, 4-stroke cycle diesel engine
(a)    fuel injection starts at 10° before to dead center and ends at 20° after tor dead center
(b)    fuel injection starts at top dead center and ends at 20° after top dead center
(c)    fuel injection starts at just before top dead center and ends just after top dead center
(d)    may start and end anywhere
(e)    none of the above.
Ans: a

56.    Diesel fuel, compared to petrol is
(a)     less difficult to ignite
(b)     just about the same difficult to ignite
(c)    more difficult to ignite
(d)    highly ignitable
(e)    none of the above.
Ans: c

57.    In diesel engine the diesel fuel injected intc cylinder would burn instantly at about compressed air temperature of
(a) 250°C 
(b) 500°C
(c) 1000°C 
(d) 150CPC
(e) 2000°C.
Ans: c

58.    When crude oil is heated, then which of the following hydrocarbon is given off first.
(a) kerosene 
(b) gasoline
(c) paraffin 
(d) diesel
(e) natural gas.
Ans: e

59.    The rating of a diesel engine, with increase in air-intlet temperature, will
(a)    increase linearly
(b)    decrease linearly
(c)    increase parabolically
(d)    decrease parabolically
(e)    first decrease linearly and then increase parabolically.
Ans: b

60.    A 75 cc engine has following parameter as 75 cc
(a)    fuel tank capacity
(b)    lub oil capacity
(c)    swept volume
(d)    cylinder volume
(e)    clearance volume.
Ans: c

Read More Questions:
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part1
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part2
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part3
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part4
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part5
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part6
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part7
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part8
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part9
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part10
I.C. Engines - Mechanical MCQs part11

No comments:

Post a Comment